Friday, May 4, 2012

Adapted SB Sequential Phonics Lesson 3

Yesterday was one of our last Instructional Coach meetings before the end of the year. It was certainly bittersweet! I am going to miss the AMAZING group of men/women that I have worked with the past few years. I know that in order for me to grow professionally, going back into the classroom is going to challenge me in ways nothing else can. I think that if I one day would like to be an administrator, having the opportunity to get back in the "trenches" is going to broaden my perspective even more. I am so thankful that when I first came to this district, I began as an ESOL Co-Teacher; it gave me the opportunity to learn K-5 curriculum, build relationships with teachers in ALL content/grades, and branch out professionally in ways I never imagined. The teachers I work with at my school are INCREDIBLE. I've worked in 5 different districts and can honestly say that the teachers I work with now, are outstanding....they have taught me so much in the past 8 years that it is going to be VERY hard to say goodbye.
I guess all of these reflections are coming from the fact that I just got done moving most of my stuff out of my room :( It is almost completely empty and my car (and my husband's) are packed to the gills. All of it will be transferred over to my new 3rd grade classroom just as soon as it is ready.
In my quest to complete a SB Sequential Phonics activity once per day (not quite there yet) here is lesson 3! Use if you'd like!
~Erin
This lesson was adapted from Patricia Cunningham's Prefixes and Suffixes Systematic Sequential Phonics.

No comments:

Post a Comment