Friday, September 21, 2012

Word Families-Word Sort & Study

Happy Friday! Sorry I've been out all weel...it has been crazy (once again) and I just haven't been able to get online. Last weekend Mallory had strep and no I had to bring Dylan home early with a stomach ache :) I'm praying that it doesn't spread!
Now that the kiddos are all down, I figured I'd share a goodie for my Kinder/1st teachers out there. I put together some of the word endings that Kinder and 1st grade are studying. I have included both the color-coded and black/white version if you do not have a color copier. We usually cut them out and match them to a picture mat (which I am working on and will post soon). Until then, this is a great activity for students to manipulate on their desk or pocket chart. It has the word endings, first letter sounds, blends, and digraphs. Here is alist of the endings:
ack
ad
ake
am
an
ang
ank
ap
ar
ark
art
ash
at
aw
ell
en
et
ick
ill
in
ine
ing
ink
ip
it
ob
ock
oil
ook
oom
op
orn
ot
out
oy
ug
ump
unch
ut
Let me know if you can think of any others to add.
Thanks!
~Erin


Click on the picture above to download the black/white version!
Click on the picture above to download the color-coded version!

No comments:

Post a Comment